Thursday, September 26, 2013

Number the Stars

This week we began the pre-reading activities for one of my favorite books to teach from: Number the Stars by Lois Lowry.  I haven't taught from this book in several years because I had a few years where most of the class had already read the book.  Alternatively, I taught from The Giver instead.

I cannot express just how excited I am to get their hands, minds, and hearts intertwined with the characters and storyline and I hope that they love it just as much as I do!

What's your favorite book to teach from?


1 comment:

Chelsea said...

My students and I just finished this book! I've read it a few times over the years and each time, my students enjoy the storyline and it brings up so much discussion.

Another book I like to read with my students is Maniac Magee. They never want to put the book down...they've even said they would rather read the book than go to recess!

Fifth Grade Wit and

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...