Pages

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Number the Stars

This week we began the pre-reading activities for one of my favorite books to teach from: Number the Stars by Lois Lowry.  I haven't taught from this book in several years because I had a few years where most of the class had already read the book.  Alternatively, I taught from The Giver instead.

I cannot express just how excited I am to get their hands, minds, and hearts intertwined with the characters and storyline and I hope that they love it just as much as I do!

What's your favorite book to teach from?

xo,
kvk

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

My students and I just finished this book! I've read it a few times over the years and each time, my students enjoy the storyline and it brings up so much discussion.

Another book I like to read with my students is Maniac Magee. They never want to put the book down...they've even said they would rather read the book than go to recess!

~Chelsea
Fifth Grade Wit and
Whimsy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...